There is a really simple trick that you can use in Google Analytics to help supply you with an endless flow of unique ideas!
Start writing for what potential customers want, today…
Take The Bad and Turn It Into Good
You need to have Google Analytics (GA) setup on site in order for this exercise to work.
If you don’t have GA installed, do it today, bookmark this post, and then come back here in a month or two.
1) Login into you GA and navigate to the “Traffic Sources” in the left sidebar and click on it.
2) Next click “Overview” and that will display your top 10 keywords.
3) At the bottom of that list is the option to see a full report, go ahead and click that.
When you are in the next screen you’ll see a little more detail on your top ten keywords.
You’ll want to click on “Bounce Rate” first and then choose a larger number of results with the drop down menu at the bottom.
Long Tail Search Terms and Blog Post Ideas
You are now looking at all the traffic that has entered your site and immediately clicked the back button.
Most likely the user didn’t find what they were looking for so they checked out. But that is just fine for you because in that “long tail” search term is GOLD!
Let me show you a client of mine; who’s data that I’m using to currently extract tons of blog posts ideas (and ideas just in general) for their local bakery and cafe.
Get Crafty and Creative
I like this analytic because you can get really creative and let your imagination and creativity run wild.
Don’t be afraid to adjust the timeline at the top of your GA account to incorporate more data.
Get started today:
- Login in to your GA account
- Write down terms that spark an idea
- Brainstorm for 10 minutes on how you could incorporate these into your online marketing!
Let us know what you come up with in the comments below!
If you need GA installed on your site leave us a message and we’ll get it up and running for you for FREE!
Please take a second to share this on your favorite network…